WorldVentures, a dynamic, global, fast growing member based travel company, is currently sourcing for a Social Media Specialist to be based in our Plano, Texas headquarters. WorldVentures is a fast paced environment with a core of innovation and fun. If you are prepared to grow your career, wear multiple hats, and be part of a fast paced team with a focus on exceptional service, this may be the role for you.
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for ensuring active and engaged communities by creating and curating compelling content, monitoring online conversations and participating in those conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership. The goal for the social media team is to establish a presence for our brands, engage and grow our online communities, as well as to integrate our corporate messaging into the community in a compelling, regional and valuable way. The right person must convey a passion for social media and demonstrate experience in a wide variety of social activities: creating and curating content, blog planning and posting, community development, and external reactive and proactive outreach.
Social media communication isn’t a 9-5 job, it does involve working some evenings and weekends, and responding to community members outside of work hours. This socially savvy team member is responsible for overseeing, maintaining and performing social media activities which include:
· Implementing strategic plan to grow social media audience for key region, including the designing of structured campaigns complete with success criteria, and analyzing results.
· Strengthening the brand and engaging our community on our social channels by producing creative, clear and compelling content.
· Leveraging content with search engine optimization and ensuring it is appropriately shaped for the targeted audience/region.
· Organizing or supporting events and activities, including coordination of promotional efforts through social media for such initiatives.
· Maintaining consistent company voice and brand on all social channels.
· Generating positive exposure that enhances the reputation and name recognition of our brands through social media.
· Creating and maintaining process documentation for social media.
· Responding to any customer issue that comes through social media channels.
· Available to handle crisis situations through social media.
· Monitoring social channels and preparing reports to update management on social media usage statistics and metrics.
· Providing proactive recommendations regarding social media best practices and keeping up-to-date with emerging social media platforms and opportunities.
· Identifying and monitoring competitors and researching market conditions or changes in the industry.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Journalism, Communications, English or related discipline
• Experience working in social media on a global and/or regional level
• Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc
• Knowledge of new media and innovative ways to communicate and significantly grow audience base with an ability to measure social media efforts and demonstrate analytic capabilities
• Proficiency in social listening tools
• Strong organizational skills and ability to be adaptable to a fast-paced and changing environment
• Resourceful, with the ability to foresee and react to company needs
• Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible and proactive
• Very high attention to detail
• Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Multilingual a plus
WorldVentures is a privately held company based in Plano, Texas with active representatives and members in over 28 countries. WorldVentures proudly offers competitive salaries and benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life / AD&D, FSA, 401K and a robust vacation and holiday package. In addition, all full time employees automatically receive a WorldVentures membership at no cost to allow employees access to our exclusive DreamTrips group travel experiences.